Jana Marie Foundation Presents JAM Fest 2018!
Come listen to live music and explore creative activities and experiences in downtown State College on Saturday, May 12 from 12pm – 5pm. Artwork will be displayed in storefront windows and all activities will help increase well-being, build connections and foster self-expression.
Allen Street will be closed to provide space for interactive and engaging activities, including:
Live Music Stage, sponsored by Webster’s Bookstore & Café, Beck Psychotherapy, Tides Program and Breakwater Counseling Services and GP Audio
- 12pm: Mike Rydock
- 1pm: Eric Ian Farmer
Born in State College, Pennsylvania and raised in North Carolina, Eric Ian Farmer has returned to his birthplace sharing his songs about relationships, social awareness, and finding one’s path in life while keeping alive classics by artists like Marvin Gaye, Otis Redding, and Bob Marley.
- 2pm: Pure Cane Sugar (Acoustic)
Since 2006, the sultry voices, soulful harmonies, and powerful lyrics of the Pure Cane Sugar girls, Kate and Nat, have evoked exquisite vocals. The result is “an assemblage of masterful melodies and haunting harmonies that inspire sweet dreams”.
- 3pm: Biscuit JamBiscuit Jam performs unique acoustic interpretations of classic rock favorites as well as traditional folk songs and Americana-flavored original compositions.
- 4pm: Cousin NeddieCousin Neddie is a State College, Pennsylvania based classic new wave/rock band and carnival act (minus the actual carnival acts). Most of our stuff is from the 80’s, and carefully selected to provide maximum entertainment without all the annoying nausea. And just to keep your attention, we dip our toes into some other decades as well.
Allen Street Activities:
- Information Booth, provided by Jana Marie Foundation and State College Borough
- Flower planting, sponsored by Patchwork Flowers and Old State Clothing
- Card Making by Old State Clothing
- Write On! Poetry Booth, sponsored by Jana Marie Foundation and Kathy Morrow
- Mokita(R) by Jana Marie Foundation, What’s Your Elephant
- Relax in a Hammock, sponsored by Appalachian Outdoors and ENO
- Paper Marbling by Woskob Gallery
- Inspiration Journals for recording passions and inner truths, sponsored by Center for the Performing Arts
- Love Letters to Yourself, sponsored by New Leaf Initiative
- Face painting with Ikonic Ink
- Getting Moving with Fun Activities from Centre Moves
- Centred Outdoors/Clear Water Conversancy
- Training 4 Life Fitness Mobile Gym
- Community Love Letters by Skills of Central PA
- And More!
Martin Luther King Plaza (Fraser Street)
- “I AM” Collage Making and Fingerprint Self Portraits, by Art Alliance
- Creative Notes Songwriting, by Jonathan Bojan and Jana Marie Foundation
- JMF Art of Play: make an artist trading card, sponsored by Jana Marie Foundation
- Photo Props and fun with the Central PA Theatre & Art Festival
- Mental Health Affects Us All, Inside Out Project, Delta Program
- And more!
ACTIVITIES AROUND TOWN!
- The Makery:
- Color Bar
- Webster’s Bookstore & Café:
- William Snyder III Art Gallery Display sponsored by Jana Marie Foundation
- Beck Pyschotherapy, free mental health screenings and activities
- Portion of proceeds between 12-5 will go to Jana Marie Foundation
- Municipal Building
- Stompers Project by Jana Marie Foundation Art Exhibit
- Store Front Windows
- JAM Fest Guitar Artwork, see how many guitars you can find around town!
The following businesses have offered to donate a portion of proceeds on May 12 to Jana Marie Foundation:
- Webster’s Bookstore & Café
- Old State Clothing
- The Makery
Keep checking back for added activities. We couldn’t make this day possible without the generous support of Beck Psychotherapy and Skills of Central PA.