Finding Your Voice
Grades 6 – 8
October 20, 2018
Park Forest Middle School
8:45am – 2:45pm
Registration Opens September 15
ABOUT OUR WELLNESS FORUMSThese one-day interactive events will allow young women across Centre County to build personal strength and self-confidence to help combat the stresses of today’s high pressure society. Drawing on the expertise of Jana Marie Foundation’s board and special guests, the day’s program features a range of topics from enhancing self-confidence, to team-building, to health and well-being, to creative expression, to self-defense. Our forums are free and open to young women whoo are currently enrolled in the State College Area, Penns Valley, Bellefonte, Bald Eagle, Philipsburg and surrounding School Districts.
Purpose:Build personal strength and self-confidence to help combat the stresses of today’s high pressure society.
- To increase self-confidence and self-awareness in young women
- To open the doors of communication to help young women create stronger relationships with family, friends, and personal networks.
- To provide opportunities for personal development through positive opportunities for creative expression.
- To strengthen personal identity through a focus on knowing, appreciating and developing oneself.
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN IN SEPTEMBER
SAMPLE BREAK OUT SESSIONS
All participants will have the chance to attend each session throughout the day!
Rhythm of Life: This workshop is designed to introduce people from all walks of life to music by focusing on empowering & inspiring individuals to express themselves authentically through group music making. The workshop will focus on Intention, Presence and Awareness through group drumming, social interaction and breath work. Group drumming helps us break down traditional barriers that we feel in our modern society and lets us connect on a more personal and human level. It also helps with stress and anxiety reduction, and allows us to activate both sides of our brain combining our logical and feeling sides of the brain while also connecting with our body and our breath.
Crafting Your Identity: Strengths, interests and passions all help to create individual uniqueness. Participants will reflect on their experiences and create a piece of art that represents their inner motto.
Beyond Words: Participants will have the chance to explore the power of voice and creative expression.
- 8:45-9:00: Registration
- 9:00-9:45am: Welcome and Ice Breaker
- 9:50-10:35am: Breakout Sessions 1
- 10:35-11:30am: Keynote Speaker
- 11:30-12:15pm: Breakout Session 2
- 12:20-12:50pm: Lunch
- 12:55pm-1:40pm: Breakout Session 3
- 1:40pm - 2:45pm: Martial Arts and Conclusion, Monarch Martial Arts